“We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us.”Anonymous
The Holiday Inn London – Heathrow T5 has 119 guest rooms. I stayed in this hotel for a week in October 2019, as a part of my Business Trip to London.
Even though its projected as an Airport hotel, I wouldn’t really agree to that. It’s around 4 miles (10-15 minutes by car) from Heathrow Airport. The hotel name is slightly misleading (don’t book this hotel considering that it’s in a walkable distance from the airport).
1) In case if you want to avoid taking a cab (taxis might charge between 20-25 GBP) from airport, you can look for ‘HotelHoppa’ (runs every 30 minutes) option.
You will find platforms (like 17) outside the airport terminal.
2) Gym Facility is available.
3) Breakfast buffet with English and continental choices is available. Seems lunch and dinner are also served here. But in case if you want to have food outside, there are very limited options. I found ‘Fat Boys Café’ within 100m from the hotel (breakfast and lunch).
4) There is an underground parking facility available. (Comes with a cost of 10 GBP/day).
5) It’s located in the historic village of Colnbrook, the home of the third oldest Pub in England.
6) The hotel is in a very calm (no much air traffic noise aswell) residential area.
7) Seems, Kids of ages 17 and under stay for free when sharing their parents’ room.
8) There is an open Lobby near the reception area.
9) The room is slightly small. Compared to the price paid, I think it’s still a decent room size.
11) The staff was friendly.
12) Seems Legoland is quite nearby (around 5 miles).
1) Hotel is slightly away from Heathrow Airport (around 4 miles / 10-15 Minutes).
2) There is no pool facility available.
3) Pets are not allowed in this hotel.
4) This is one of the options that many airlines (like British Airways) considers in case if they have a cancelled or delayed flight. In such scenarios, waiting time for the restaurant service will be higher, as the dining space is limited.