“We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us.”Anonymous
During our trip to Scotland, we got a chance to stay @ Caolasnacon Caravan & Camp site for 2 nights.
They have both old and new caravans. So, ask for the new ones, when you do the booking.
I would certainly recommend this place to my fellow travellers who are visiting this part of Scotland. This would certainly give you an authentic Scotland experience.
1) This campsite is surrounded by mountains and this adds a lot to the beauty of this caravan park.
2) Loch Leven is near to one side of the campsite, where you can do fishing.
3) 2-bedroom new caravans (Static) were clean and excellent.
4) Owners and the ground staff were very helpful and caring.
5) Checkin – checkout process was very easy.
6) Very laid-back atmosphere, fantastic location for access to walking, cycling, water sports and general exploring.
7) The views are stunning in all directions.
8) The price was reasonable.
9) Campfires were permitted so long as, it wasn’t on the grass.
10) Seems, the pets are also allowed in this campsite.
11) You can also bring your Caravans and park in this site.
1) There are no shops nearby. The only one you will find is a decently stocked CO-OP shop around 15 Minutes’ drive from this place. The bigger town (Fort William) is around 35 minutes in car.
2) This is in fact not an issue with the caravan park as such, but an issue with Scotland as a whole. Outside you will find a lot of Midges.
3) Its slightly away from the main road.
4) Name boards are little less on the way. But google map would help you to reach this destination.
5) No specific office as such. One room of owner’s house is maintained as an office and all transactions happens through a window in that room.
6) No toiletries and towels were provided
7) Even in kitchen, only pots and pans were provided and cleaning items were not given.
For a comparison; If you want to look for other options nearby, you can also check Invercoe camping.