“We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us.”Anonymous
As a part of a Business trip, I visited Brussels in August. Had stayed in Renaissance hotel (4 Star) for 4 nights. This was my first stay in a Renaissance hotel of Marriott group.
The Marriott executive apartments European Quarter is the building next to this hotel.
1) The Luxembourg Square (Place du Luxembourg) bus stop is nearby. It’s around 5 minutes’ walk from the hotel. You can catch Bus 21 to reach the Luxembourg Square from Airport.
2) There are some Small restaurants nearby:
Kebab House (Jut opposite to the hotel))
Bombay House (Snack / groceries shop)
Star of Asia (Indian Cuisine)
3) The European Union Parliament is at a walkable distance.
4) Front desk staff was pleasant and helpful in giving out maps and helping with directions. They helped me in planning my day trips.
5) There is also an indoor pool.
6) City centre is also nearby (may be around 2 kms). One evening, I walked from city centre to this hotel after having dinner at an Indian restaurant.
7) All the toiletries were good along with all the other items like comfy bed , A/C in good working order, coffee/tea facilities, in room safe, refrigerator, strong free wifi and so on.
8) The Gym also had a lot of equipment’s.
9) Very little noise from the street carried into the room.
10) Although located in a busy neighbourhood the hotel is calm and silent.
11) The hotel surroundings were clean and safe.
12) There is also a taxi stand near the Luxembourg Square bus stop.
13) They allowed me to do an early check – in free of cost (3 hours before the actual time)
14) Lobby and restaurant are impressive They have a full-fledged restaurant
15) There are many hangout points/ Pubs near the Luxembourg square
1) Airport is around 13 Kms.
2) Train station is little far away from the hotel.
3) The minibar was empty.
4) There was some major renovation happening in the hotel.