“The journey not the arrival matters.”T.S. Eliot
We stayed here for 2 nights in March 2019.
It’s a 326 room Hotel where accommodation is spread over 5 floors in 3 different buildings.
1) For those having the Hop on Hop Off city tour plan in your itinerary, this hotel is a perfect place to stay as the city tour bus starts in front of this hotel.
2) There is a restaurant behind the hotel, in case If you are not happy with the food served within the hotel.
3) There is a small supermarket nearby this hotel, in case if you want to buy some stuff.
4) Compared to the rates of other hotels, Topaz gives you a decent daily price (Rent).
5) They have a locker facility if you want to leave the luggage and go for sightseeing, you can use this locker facility/room free of cost.
6) They have an indoor and an outdoor swimming pool.
7) Breakfast spread was good.
8)The Housekeeping staff has kept the room very clean.
1) The corridors are quite narrow.
2) The hotel is in a residential area.
3) Receptionist did not intend to explain to us about the hotel facilities.
4) The rooms are very outdated.
5) Poorly designed and cheap, skidding bathroom tiles.
6) Lifts were slow. Insufficient capacity for the large number of rooms, so overworked and sometimes broken. Maximum rating of four persons, 330 kilos, easily exceeded.
7) Internet speed is pathetic.
8) Really surprised to see how Authorities gave permission to construct a 300+ rooms hotel in such a small area.
9) Need to pay for the water bottles.
I have seen a lot of people booking ‘Topaz Hotel’ as the preferred hotel as the Hop on Hop Off North Route Starts in front of this hotel. I also booked this hotel because of the very same reason.
After experiencing the stay, I personally suggest you take some other accommodation option. This hotel is highly overrated in many of the travel websites. I was completely disappointed with my stay here. Please look for some better options nearby (if you really want to stay in Bugibba) or else look for some other places.