This is my first experience with Airbnb and the 2 days stay here @ the Gleeson’s Cottage (in Feb 2019), Bohola was a great one, crossing above expectations. Cannot expect more.
What better way to start the Airbnb experience.
Address: EIR Code F12RX40,
Key points to Note:
It’s a 3 Large Bedrooms, 2-bathroom house
Pets are allowed
Smoking is not allowed
The Airbnb Super host ‘Helen’ is very active in Airbnb messenger and responds to the guest queries/enquiries very fast.
1) Host Helen was very helpful. She personally came to greet us and provided us the information about the house and its facilities
2) Breakfast is included. All the items required for breakfast was already made available in the house.
3) Quality furnishings and decor which was a very pleasant surprise for a holiday cottage and provides great comfort for visitors.
4) From hairdryers to coffee machines, crockery to a washing machine, it’s all easy to find and simple to use.
5) Helen had not negotiated on the quality of the food items that was provided in the house.
6) Wifi strength was good and was available across the house. (Netflix is also available)
7) There is a nice garden in the front and at the side of the house. Kids would really love it.
8) The house is very clean and neat.
9) Helen has maintained all necessary items in the house. You will not get a chance to complain about anything missing.
10) Excess stock is also maintained in the store room.
11) If you are planning for a quiet and peaceful location away from tourist attractions, this house would be an ideal destination.
12) A short drive will take you to Castlebar which has an Aldi, Tesco, Lidl and so on.
13) She has a huge collection of reading books, inside the house.
14) The rent taken for this house is quite economical.
No much negatives.
1) This house is just a kilometre walk down along a quiet country road to Bohola village and is not very near to any tourist attractions.
2) Only 1 room is bath attached. The other 2 rooms share a common bathroom.
3) The only thing what I felt is missing in this house is a ‘Name Board’. This would help people to identify the house, even during late evening hours.
Summary: I would recommend this home stay, to all my fellow travellers who are visiting this part of Ireland.