Stayed here with my Family for 2 Nights – 3 Days in January 2018
1) This resort has a spectacular view to the Beautiful Kanchenjunga Mountain ranges.
I remember 2-3 rooms, where you can have this view directly from the Balcony
itself. If you are staying here, I think you can easily avoid a trip to Tiger Hills.
2) There is a Monastery nearby to this resort, where you can visit.
3) If you are planning for the Darjeeling Toy train, I would strongly recommend you to
take the trip from Darjeeling station to Ghum station (means take only one side
journey and avoid the round trip). Ghum station is walkable distance from Sterling
and can save some bucks by doing so.
4) There are many activities available like Carrom board, TT and so on.
5) The staff’s were really good and food was tasty.
1) This is little far from the city center (around 500 rupees for a Dezire/Sumo).
2) I have not seen much bigger resorts in Darjeeling. So at times some companies do some family get together which would make the resort little crowded. So check with the reception about the same, while booking.
3) They still have a small heating device in each room. Considering the normal climate in Darjeeling, I strongly feel they should look for some better heating options.
4) You will find it difficult to get hot water all the time. You will have to Switch On the geyser atleast 30 minutes prior.
Main attractions in Darjeeling:
1) Rope way (don’t miss this)
2) Toy train (Atleast you should do a one side journey, don’t miss this)
One Line Summary: Great Resort; Excellent view of Kanchenjunga
Subscribe to my mailing list to get latest news on your inbox!