Stayed here with Family for 3 Nights – 4 Days in January 2018.
1) This property is very close to city center. Probably 0.5 Kms to MG Marg /Lal Bazaar and around 1 Km to the Rope way.
2) The restaurant menu was good(not lavish spread especially Non vegetarian items ) but the rates are quite cheaper (for combos) considering other sterling resorts.
3) As it is quite near to city center, you won’t face any challenges in getting taxi’s
4) We can see the Bus Stand from the balcony of most of the rooms. Accessibility to bus stand is easy.
These remarks are exclusively about Room 206. We had another family with us who were staying in the adjacent rooms and they did not face any similar challenges:
1) On the day 1 ,we really faced some challenges with the hot water. Some how they rectified the issue the next day. But still the challenge was that the hot water was not continuously coming. We should wait for 30-45 minutes to get (one) bucket of hot water.
2) We had requested the housekeeping to supply hot water to our room, but they did not do so.
3) For a place like Gangtok where the temperatures are quite cool, Sterling should look forward for better heating options(this is a generic case across all rooms)
4) Some rooms are very small
5) If you are looking for a place close to nature, this is not the right place.
One Line Summary : Budget Hotel with limited rooms (Located near to MG Marg/City center)
Subscribe to my mailing list to get latest news on your inbox!