“Travel is never a matter of money, but of courage..”– Paulo Coelho.
My family and I visited this place in September 2018.
The nearest big town is Calicut/Kozhikode (Nearby Railway Station/ Airport).
The distance from Kozhikode KSRTC to Beypore port will be around 12.5 KMS (30+ min).
There is a Private bus Stand and a couple of ATM’s are available.
Beypore or Beypur is an ancient port town and a locality town in kozhikode district in the state of Kerala in India. Beypore is noted for building wooden ships, known as dhows or Urus in the Malayalam language.
Beypore port is the second biggest port in Kerala after Cochin and currently handles about 100,000 tones of cargo and 7500 passengers per annum.
Beypore port is one of the oldest ports in Kerala from where trading was done to the Middle East.
Wikipedia Link –> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beypore
The Sun rise/sun set view is excellent
If you are lucky enough, you might see some dolphins playing in the sea.
There is a parking fee of Rs.30/-
1. Pulimuttu- It is the name of the 1-kilometre-long (0.62 mi) bridge made of stone stretching into sea. It is made by piling stones like a pathway to sea. There are 2 Pulimuttu’s here (one on Beypore side and other on Chaliyam Side)
Please note that we are not allowed to use 2/4 wheelers in the Beypore side Pulimuttu, whereas we can use them on the Chaliyam side. There are lot of seats (Granite) available in both the sides of Pulimuttu, for you relax.
2. Beypore Beach
3. Beypore light house is situated at the south bank of chaliyar. (there is a ferry / jangar service available to reach that side)
4. Beypore Fishing Harbour , Beypore
5. Beypore Port
6. Beypore Uru Building center
1. The Pay and use toilet is not properly maintained.
2. The lights fitted in the Beypore side Pulimuttu wont work. Most of the poles are rusted and might fall down any time.
3. Beach is not properly maintained
Personal Recommendation: Try to reach this place by around 5 PM, so that you have enough time to walk till the end of the Pulimuttu and see the spectacular sun set view.
One Line Summary: Overall a very nice place but not at all maintained properly. Authorities should give some attention to this place and bring its old glory back, as soon as possible.
Subscribe to my mailing list to get latest news on your inbox!