This resort is around 21 KMS from Munnar town. We stayed here for 3 nights(in August 2017). Its located in Chinnakanal , near to Suryanelli.
One of the oldest property of sterling with around 130+ rooms.
But it’s still decently maintained considering the year in which it was constructed.
There are some outdoor games arranged within the resort but with some nominal charges.
Theni- Munnar route would be a better option to reach this resort.
If you are not comfortable driving in hill station, I would suggest you to take up a taxi (Taxi stand is right in front of main gate) for sight-seeing.
Kolukkumalai jeep safari is one of the most important attraction in this part of Munnar . There are jeeps available outside the resort (near to the main gate). Any person visiting this resort should not miss that Jeep Safari. Also, ensure to visit the 100-year-old tea factory, as a part of this safari.
The top attractions in Munnar is in and around the city Center and this resort is in Chinnakanal which is around 21 KMS. So do keep a buffer of an hour or so one side travel. There is a road widening work going on in this route.
1) The staff is very polite and supportive, especially the house keeping staff.
2) Complains are properly solved. We had some issues with the Bathroom outlet flow and it was rectified as soon as the complaint was registered.
3) There are some good attractions nearby this resort.
1) The restaurant food is extremely costly, not experienced this with any other Sterling resorts. There are decent restaurants outside the resort where you can have food (Kerala delicacies as well as North Indian/Tandoori type aswell)
2) Many of the rooms are in a steep area. So you will have to climb a lot of steps. If you have some senior citizens in your group, try getting rooms in the main reception building area.
3) No Bar (may be as per the government rules prevailing in Kerala that time)
4) Doesn’t have that old charm.
5) All rooms doesn’t have a great view.
Subscribe to my mailing list to get latest news on your inbox!